Friday, December 23, 2011

Mac n Cheese on the Floor

     Jamey was about 2 maybe 3 at the time.. she was in dance class and one of the mom's and her daughter came over from class... We were new to town and trying to make friends.. Jamey, is my first child, so I never knew kids could do the things they did... Up until this moment, I was the dreaded and hated "Perfect Mom"... Jamey never had a spot on her... clothes were changed 10x's a day.. even if we weren't going anywhere as some one might stop in and God forbid anyone see her with a spot on her clothes... She had never really been around other kids to understand what getting an attitude was...
     Kelly and Rachel had come over for her 1st play date... the house was beyond clean as always.. you could eat off my floors.. I had made mac n cheese for lunch along with sandwiches... nothing fancy but hey... Jamey had decided that moment she didn't like mac n cheese and wasn't going to eat it... Kelly, the mom, is well snotty... was telling me how to be a parent since Rachel was not her 1st and her oldest son was wonder boy perfect... I looked at her and said something to the fact of..."Well, my child would never do that!" thinking she was seriously stupid... at that moment Jamey looks at me and says "Not eating it!" and I said "Oh! Yes you are!" she had a spoonful of mac n cheese looked straight at me and smiled this evil grin and dumped it on the floor...
     At that moment I realized I could not control her down to a pin point of what I wanted... I spanked her little butt and made her pick it up... Sent her to her room and told Kelly she needed to go... Then I sat down and cried... Realizing that my perfect child had a brain that made its own choices... That I could guild her, but could NOT make her do everything that I wanted her to do..
     So, a few days later at dance class, we got there late as we walk in Kelly is telling all the other mom's that I reminded her of Sybil... Said that my eyes were about to come out of my head and then have my head start spinning and begin vomiting pea soup... I didn't think I was that mad... But I was mad... I remember sitting there and having all the mom's with more then one kid telling me... You just became a mom... One of them even explained to me... we didn't want to talk to you as you were thought of as one of the CHOSEN... then explained the chosen is an ALIEN mom who does not really exist... no fun, perfect and trying to empress instead of just realizing life happens and enjoy it as it goes to fast... Was a real lesson for me... now to see my house... its a disorganized zoo and blessing.. kids screaming... some days never even getting out of jammies... snuggling in bed for hours... instead of cleaning... and breakfast some days is left over pizza... I live for these days now... and regret the ALIEN took my brain days.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment